Apple Calendar is a great tool for keeping track of the important events in your life. You can use it to outline all of your work and study-related events, and it’s also handy for adding any activities you need to remember in your personal life. Keeping the time up-to-date is worthwhile to ensure that you don’t miss anything.
- How to Use Calendar on a Mac | A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Remove or Reschedule an Event in Apple Calendar
- How to Add Location and Travel Alerts in Calendar
- Proton Calendar vs. Apple Calendar for iOS
- How to Customize the Date and Time on Your iPhone and iPad
Time Zone Override is one feature that you might want to consider using to keep everything in check. In this article, you’ll learn what it is – along with how you can turn Time Zone Override on and off.
What Is Time Zone Override in Apple Calendar?
When you use an Apple device, you’ll notice that your time zone often changes depending on your location. For example, if you fly from New York City to Los Angeles, your device will go from Eastern Time to Pacific Time.
Those changes will usually take place after you connect to the internet. In Apple Calendar, however, you can decide to always show your events in one particular time zone. You might want to do this if you’re going to return home soon, and you don’t want to get things mixed up.
When you turn on Time Zone override, you can pick the city you want to constantly view everything highlighted in Apple Calendar for.
How to Turn Time Zone Override in Apple Calendar On
Okay, so you should now have a better understanding of what Time Zone Override is in Apple Calendar. With that out of the way, let’s look at how you can turn the feature on. Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Settings app. When everything loads, click on the Calendar tab.
- Click on Time Zone Override to find the settings you need to change.
- Switch the Time Zone Override toggle on.
- After the toggle turns green, click on the Time Zone tab.
- Click on the search bar. Then, enter the name of the city you want to see in Time Zone Override.
- When you find the city you were looking for, select it. Your changes will then take effect.
How to Turn Time Zone Override in Apple Calendar Off
If you later decide that you want to turn off Time Zone Override in Apple Calendar, the process is pretty straightforward. Follow these instructions to get started:
- Open the Settings app.
- Like when turning Time Zone Override on, scroll down and select Calendar.
- Go to Time Zone Override.
- Click on the toggle so that it’s no longer green.
After turning Time Zone Override off, the events in your calendar will go back to your current time zone.
Everything You Need to Know About Time Zone Override
Time Zone Override is a useful feature that you might want to use in Apple Calendar for several reasons. Turning it on is easy, and setting everything up shouldn’t take you too long. You can choose from cities throughout the US, along with others in many different parts of the globe.
If you later decide that you want to turn Time Zone Override off, the process is even simpler. All you need to do is go back to this section in the Settings app and switch the toggle off. And having now read this guide, you can make a better choice as to whether you should use the feature.
Danny is a freelance writer who has been using Apple products for over a decade. He’s written for some of the largest technology publications on the web and previously worked as an in-house writer before carving his own route. Danny grew up in the UK, but now writes about tech from his Scandinavian base.
Write a Comment