Several users have reported battery drain problems after they have updated to iOS 6, meaning that their device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod) depletes its battery more quickly than it should according to Apple’s specifications.
Note that we receive reports of numerous battery problems after virtually every iOS update. If you are having this issue, please try the following solutions:
- Let your battery drain completely (your device will shut off) and then fully charge it.
- Restart your device.
- Adjust your devices settings (see this article and this).
- Reset your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- Try disabling Siri if you have it.
- The New iPad battery drain: iPad 3’s short battery life
- Battery Drain with iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch After iOS 5.0.1 Update
- Battery life issue after iOS 5 update