Several users have reported that they get the following error message when they wanted to create a back up or sync their iOS devices.
- Error Message: iTunes could not back up the iPhone because a session could not be started
You may try the following tips to resolve your back up or syncing problems:
- Restart your iOS device, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by pressing and holding the on/off button for a few seconds and then slide the slider and turn back on.
- If restarting does not resolve your issue, launch iTunes with your iPad or iPhone connected to your computer. From your iTunes menu bar click iTunes > Preferences then select the Devices tab. If there are more than one backups listed there, delete all of them but one (You may want to back up your backup). Restart your device and try to sync again. If this does not work, try deleting all backups in the iTunes preferences, and then attempt to back up or sync again.
- Could not backup because backup file was corrupt or not compatible, fix
- How to back up your iOS device