You may want to print your messages for various reasons. You can easily copy and paste individual text messages but please note that there is no direct way to print text message conversations. However, if you like to obtain a copy of all your iPhone/iPad (i)Messages for any purposes, you may use the following methods:
Print iMessage or Text message conversations: Method 1:
Take a screenshot of the messages you want and print the screenshot. To capture the screen, press the home button and power/lock button at the same time. You’ll also hear the camera shutter sound, and your screen will be captured. Then open your photos app (or camera roll), find the screenshot and print it.
Print iMessage or Text message conversations: Method 2:
- Locate the message(s) you want to print
- Tap Edit
- Check the circle buttons beside each item
- Tap Forward and send the selected messages to yourself
- When you receive the message you just sent, tap and hold to copy and paste somewhere else (e.g. Notes app) and print.
Print iMessage or Text message conversations: Method 3:
- Use a third party app or solution. For instance; SMS Export ( iTunes link), Phoneview (Mac software) and CopyTrans (link) are just some of them.