Is your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or other Apple Product not working or behaving as expected and you need to make an appointment at your local Apple Store? But can’t figure out how to do that? If so, we got you covered with these easy steps to help you set up an appointment at an Apple Store with those Apple Geniuses!
Unfortunately, Apple does not make this process easy! Instead of a simple call or pressing a button online, you need to jump through some hoops to actually make an appointment. So here we go!
- 1 First Off, Is the Apple Genius Appointment Free?
- 2 How do I make an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar?
- 3 What To Do Before Your Apple Store Genius Appointment
- 4 Reader Tips
- Chat with Apple Support Now–Directly!
- How To Check your Apple Support Coverage for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, and More!
First Off, Is the Apple Genius Appointment Free?
Yes, the good news is that Apple does not charge anyone for an appointment with one of their Geniuses.
However, if they are not able to repair your problem on-site or if your device needs replacement parts, then there are associated charges.
And of course, the amount you pay is dependent on whether your devices are covered under Apple Care plans and warranties or if they are out of warranty.
Also, liquid or water damage is never covered–whether you have a warranty or not!
How do I make an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar?
Follow these steps to set-up an appointment with your local Apple Store and Apple Genius
Please note that some problems only let you receive support via phone support, chat sessions, or email.
Most hardware problems allow for live appointment support.
Drop By Your Local Apple Store
Despite what you may hear, you can indeed just drop by your local Apple Store and get a Genius to look at your device.
But the downside is you probably will need to wait anywhere from a short to a long time before an appointment slot becomes available. This all depends on how busy the store and Geniuses are–so be prepared and be patient if you decide to just stop by.
Another option is to make an appointment ahead of time. Do this from your iPhone or iPad using the Apple Support App, or make an appointment using a web browser on a computer or other device.
Make An Appointment With Apple via the Apple Support App (not available in all countries)
- Download and install the Apple Support App on your device via the App Store if you don’t already have the app
- Open the Apple Support App and make sure you are signed in with your Apple ID by checking the Account information
- On the bottom menu, choose Get Support
- All the devices associated with your Apple ID list, choose the device that’s having a problem
- Apple shows the most common problems and solutions–tap on those if you want to learn more
- To get to the appointments page, follow the on-screen steps to isolate your problem and look for the option Bring in for Repair
- Tap Find Locations Now
- Locations Services must be enabled for this to work–so allow it if not already allowed
- Apple Support lists the closest providers to your current location and that store’s availability–tap on a provider to choose that location
- Select the date and time you prefer
- On the Summary page, review the appointment details and press Reserve to confirm it
- To change date or time, select the back arrow and update
- To check status, press the Account button in the bottom menu
- Find appointments and Case ID information here as well as options to check your Apple Care Coverage and Warranty information and expiration dates
Make An Apple Store Genius Appointment Via a Web Browser
- First, visit the Apple Support website or visit the Apple Genius Support Page
- Scroll all the way down to the section Want to talk with someone? or Get hardware help
- Press or click the link Contact Apple Support if applicable
- Choose the Apple device or product you need help with
- Further, isolate your problem selecting the on-screen options that best match your problem
- If your problem isn’t listed, select The topic is not listed and type in what’s going on
- Apple lists options for the most common problems with possible solutions–click on those if you want to know more
- To get to the appointments page, look for the option to Bring in for Repair
- If you don’t see this option, go back and make other selections that are similar to your current problem
- Not all support issues have Apple Store Genius appointment options
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password
- If you enabled two-factor authentication, enter in the verification code
- Trust your browser and computer if asked
- One the Bring in for Repair screen, enter a location or choose the current location and select your mobile carrier, if applicable
- Select an Apple Store from the list of options available in your area
- Select from the available dates and times
- You should see a confirmation of the appointment with a Case ID
- Add a comment if you want to provide additional details
- To change or cancel an appointment, choose Reschedule or Cancel (to delete it)
- You can also do this via Apple’s confirmation email via Manage My Reservations
What To Do Before Your Apple Store Genius Appointment
- Back up your data using your computer or iCloud or Time Machine for Macs
- Update your device’s software to the latest version available
- Check your warranty status for Apple Care+
- Go to: apple’s genius site
- Select Get Software (or Hardware) Help
- Choose the device that has problems
- Select Repairs and Physical Damage or Hardware problem
- Choose The topic is not listed
- Enter a description of your problem
- Press Continue
- Choose to Bring in For Repair
- Select location, store, and date/time
- Directly call the apple technical support experts at 1-855-887-0097 in the US/Canada