We’ve all been there: you used to have this great app on your iPhone but now you can’t find it anymore. It probably got deleted in the purge to free up storage space. Have no fear, it’s actually very easy to re-download deleted apps from the App Store on any of your Apple devices.
There used to be one App Store, now there are three. One for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, a second for Mac, and a third for Apple TV. They’re each slightly different to one another but the process to find deleted apps on your iPhone, Mac, or Apple TV are almost exactly the same.
Whether you need to restore accidentally deleted apps on iPhone and iPad or are just curious about what apps you used to have on your Mac, we’ve got you sorted. This post will explain how to download deleted apps on any Apple device while answering important questions, like whether you need to buy paid apps and in-app purchases again.
- 1 How do I restore deleted apps on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- 2 How do I restore deleted apps on my Mac?
- 3 How do I restore deleted apps on my Apple TV?
- 4 Do I need to pay for App Store purchases again?
- 5 How do I remove apps from my Purchased list?
- 6 How can I see all my deleted apps from the App Store?
- 7 How do I find a missing app in the App Store?
- How to find missing or hidden apps on iPhone or iPad
- How to manage apps on a Mac
- Where are my purchased apps on the iOS 11 App Store?
- How to use the new App Store in iOS 11?
How do I restore deleted apps on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
If you know the name of the app you want to restore, search for it in the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and tap the cloud icon next to its name.
Alternatively, you can view all your deleted apps together from the Purchased list. The name is something of a misnomer as the Purchased list includes both paid and free apps you’ve downloaded.
- Go to the Today page in the App Store.
- Tap the Profile photo or icon in the top right corner.
- Go to Purchased, then My Purchases if you use Family Sharing.
- Tap Not on this [device] to see only the deleted apps.
- Search or scroll through the list to find the relevant app.
- Tap the cloud icon next to an app to restore it.
How do I restore deleted apps on my Mac?
Once again, if you remember the name, you can restore a deleted app on your Mac by searching for it in the App Store and downloading it as usual by clicking the cloud button.
However, if you don’t remember the name of an app or want to see all your previously downloaded Mac apps together, you can view them in the App Store Purchased list.
- Click your name at the bottom of the App Store sidebar.
- Scroll through the Purchased list to find the relevant app.
- Click the cloud icon next to an app to restore it.
How do I restore deleted apps on my Apple TV?
The Purchased list is immediately available from the App Store on Apple TV. From here you can view all your previously downloaded apps and restore any deleted ones.
- Go to the Purchased page from the App Store.
- Find and select the relevant app.
- Click the cloud icon to restore the app.
Do I need to pay for App Store purchases again?
No. Provided you’re signed in to the same Apple ID, you can re-download previously paid for apps as many times as you like for free. You can also restore some in-app purchases like upgrades, extra features, and subscriptions.
If you no longer have access to the Apple ID account that you paid for apps on, try contacting Apple Support. They can help you restore accidentally deleted apps on iPhone and iPad or might be able to transfer your purchases to a new account.
How do I restore in-app purchases?
To restore in-app purchases, open the specific app and search for a Restore button. You might find this in the main menu, settings, options, or in-app store.
You can restore non-consumable in-app purchases bought with the same Apple ID account that you’re using. These normally don’t include in-game currency or hints because they are consumable and get used up.
How do I remove apps from my Purchased list?
Swipe left or click the options button on apps in your App Store Purchased list to reveal a Hide Purchase option. You might do this when an app is so awful you never want to see it again. Or if you’d be embarrassed to get caught downloading it in the first place.
Apps that are hidden from your Purchased list will appear in the App Store as though you’d never downloaded them.
You can view or restore all your Hidden Purchases at any time by visiting your Account within the App Store and selecting Hidden Purchases.
How can I see all my deleted apps from the App Store?
You can view your entire Apple purchase history through iTunes. That means every app, song, film, or book from any Apple device you own. Your iTunes Purchase History will even show apps that have been hidden from your Purchased list.
- Open the iTunes Store.
- Click the Account button under Quick Links.
- Enter your Apple ID details if prompted.
- Click See All under the Purchase History heading.
How do I find a missing app in the App Store?
Remember Flappy Bird? It was a very simple game which gained so much popularity that back in 2014 the overwhelmed app developer removed it from the store. This happens from time to time, and when it does you won’t be able to find or re-download those apps anymore.
But what about Apple apps, surely they aren’t discontinued? Apps like Safari, Camera, iTunes, or even the App Store itself can vanish for a couple of different reasons. When they do you won’t be able to find them on your device or in the App Store.
If that’s happened to you, our guide to find missing or hidden apps should be able to help.
Well, that should have you covered, now you know how to restore accidentally deleted apps on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV. If you’ve any other questions about how to download deleted apps, be sure to let us know in the comments below!