Several users have reported that they are seeing their batteries drop from 100% fully charged to under 40-50% in a relatively short time. Is your iPhone battery draining too fast? You may want to try the following tips to fix your poor battery problem. Here are some things you can try.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the on/off button for a few seconds then slide the slider.
- Reset your device by pressing and holding the on/off button and the Home button together until you see the Apple log.
- Fully charge your device, once your battery is fully charged, keep your phone plugged in for 2-3 hours and then disconnect the power and use your device until you completely drain your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad’s battery until it shuts down on its own and then re-charge back to full.
- Turn off features and services that you are not using. Some of the features that you may want to turn off (a) Siri’s Raise to Speak (Settings > General > Siri) (b) Location Services (Settings > Privacy > Location Services) (c) Push Notifications (Settings > Notifications)
- Turn off features when you are not using. Turn off Wi-Fi, LTE, Bluetooth when you are not using.
- Kill power hungry apps (e.g. Skype, Pandora etc). To do this, click the Home button twice and tap and hold on the app, tap the red (-) sign to close it when they jiggle.
- If you are using Exchange email account, try removing your Exchange account, rebooting your phone, re-adding your Exchange account.
- Battery drain problems after iOS 6
- Common iOS 6 / iPhone 5 problems & bugs, How to troubleshoot and fix
- Google Map Apps causing your iPhone battery drain too fast?
- 10 Simple Ways to Prolong iPhone Battery Life
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.