We perviously reported that it is possible to archive iOS device backups. If you want to restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from your older or archived iTunes backup, read on to learn how:
- This article assumes that you already have archived backups.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer. (To see your backup , including the archived backups, open iTunes Preferences and select the Devices tab.)
2. Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up (OR open the iOS device’s Summary tab then click the Restore Backup button.)
3. You will see your back up files including the archived ones. Select one and click “Restore”.