We perviously reported that it is possible to archive iOS device backups. If you want to restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from your older or archived iTunes backup, read on to learn how:
- This article assumes that you already have archived backups.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer. (To see your backup , including the archived backups, open iTunes Preferences and select the Devices tab.)
2. Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up (OR open the iOS device’s Summary tab then click the Restore Backup button.)
3. You will see your back up files including the archived ones. Select one and click “Restore”.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.