Apple made changes to the App store for both iOS 13 and iPadOS. One of the main changes is around App updates. The App store updates are no longer available in the ‘Updates’ tab on the app store. The Updates tab has now been replaced with ‘Arcade’ in the App Store.
- Where’s Accessibility Settings in iOS 13 and iPadOS? We found it and more!
- Where is Camera Roll in iOS 13 and iPadOS?
- No More iTunes. How to use Finder in macOS Catalina to Sync and Restore iPhone
- 11 things you can do in iOS 13 that you couldn’t do in iOS 12
- It’s the end of iTunes as we know it (and we feel fine)
- iOS 13 Privacy and Security improvements announced at WWDC
- Is your iPad compatible with iPadOS ? Here’s what you should know
Where is the App Store Update Tab in iOS 13
The ‘Updates’ tab in the app store has now been removed in iOS 13 and iPadOS and all app updates are now made available via your user profile on your iPhone and iPad.
Here’s how to update your Apps in iOS 13
- Tap on App Store app to get started
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom
- Click on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen
- This brings up the account details
- Scroll down to the section ‘Available Updates’
- Tap on ‘Update All’ to get all the app updates OR
- You can tap on ‘Update’ next to the app to update individual apps
The iPadOS app updates via the app store are essentially the same process.
Tap on your User id and follow the same steps as described for the iPhone in the previous steps.
Once the apps have been updated, tap on your userid profile to see all the recently updated apps.
Delete Apps easily from your iPhone via App Store
The other new addition on this app listing screen associated with your account is the ability to directly delete/uninstall any apps right from this screen.
Swipe left on any of the listed apps, and you will find the familiar Delete option to uninstall the app from your iPhone or iPad.
Although it may take a little getting used to, but we like the idea of having all your app purchases, subscriptions and App updates in one single place that is easily accessible.
App Store account settings in iOS 13
When you tap on your userid and enter your credentials, your detailed account settings are made available to you. This shows all your Purchase history, any hidden purchases via iCloud and your family sharing settings.
On this screen, you can also choose to enable or disable personalized recommendations feature of the app store. When you enable this setting, Apple uses it to improve recommendations for you in the app store.
You can also manage your iTunes Pass using Wallet here and manage the subscription to iTunes Newsletters and special offers.
A lot has been written in recent days about the demise of iTunes, but when you look at the iOS 13 and iPadOS screens, you will still see iTunes mentioned in many places.
Updating Apps on macOS Catalina is pretty straight-forward. When you click on the App Store and open a session, the App store updates are readily available in the Updates section.
We hope that you found this short article helpful. We are super excited for the official launch of iOS 13 and iPadOS. Overall the iOS 13 beta has proven to be very fast and reliable!
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.