Some users have lamented the shortage of printers supported by iOS 4.2’s new AirPrint feature. However, users should ensure that their HP printers are running the latest firmware–many devices need an update to use AirPrint, and others will receive AirPrint compatibility with shortly-forthcoming firmware releases.
On most HP printers firmware updates can be obtained by going to Tools > Web > Automatic Updates > Check for Product Updates.
Alternatively, you can purchase and download a third-party app such as FingerPrint or Printopia that will allow you to wireless print to printers connected to your Mac.
Apple lists currently supported AirPrint printers as:
- HP Envy e-All-in-One series (D410a)
- HP Photosmart Plus e-AiO (B210a)
- HP Photosmart Premium e-AiO (C310a)
- HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-AiO (C410a)
- HP Photosmart e-AiO (D110)
- HP Photosmart eStation (C510)
- HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525n Color Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer