You might want to add a international keyboard to your iPad so that you can type in other languages.
1. Go to “Settings -> General -> Keyboard”
2. Tap on “International Keyboards”.
3. Then tap “Add New Keyboard”
4. And select the international keyboard from the long list.
5. Here, we see that we have added a Chinese, French, and Spanish keyboards.
6. Now whenever the keyboard comes up (for example in the Notes application), you can toggle between the various added keyboards by clicking on button with the international symbol as shown below.
Here we have typed a Spanish word using the Spanish keyboard. Note that the return key is spelled in Spanish.