Several users have reported that their iPad / iPhone home button suddenly stopped working and became unresponsive. Here are some tips to troubleshoot this problem; try each step until you solve this issue:
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red “slide to power off” slider appears, then slide to power off. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn on your iPad.
- tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Triple-click Home, disable this feature if it is on (this is off by default)
- Move Safari out of dock, and then restart your device.
- Your home button may have collected some debris preventing the button from functioning properly. Turn off your device and try to clean it. Please refer to this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3226
- Reset your iPad / iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- If these steps do not fix your problem, contact Apple support.