Several users have reported that they’re getting voicemails and missing calls because their iPhone does not ring, and calls go straight to voice mail.
It sucks to experience this kind of problem, especially when you’ve people calling you on a daily basis for business purposes. For some weird reasons, this happens to a good amount of iPhone users.
Users that are having this issue on iOS 10 and later versions have found success by turning off the Cellular Roaming by Settings->Cellular-> Cellular Data Option->Roaming->Voice Roaming->off. This is especially true for users that are using Verizon plan for their iPhones.
How to Fix iPhone Calls Going Directly to Voicemail
If you are having this issue, please try the followings:
- Make sure that iPhone’s Ring/Silent switch is OFF meaning ringer is ON. A bell will flash briefly on the screen when you turn on the ringer.
- Make sure that the Do Not Disturb setting is not silencing calls (Settings > Do Not Disturb).
- Make sure that Airplane Mode is OFF (Settings > Airplane Mode).
- Make sure that your carrier software is up to date (Settings > General > About).
Those solutions that we provided above should help you resolve the problem in a minute. However, if it continues to happen, here are some more things you can do to fix it.
- Enable Airplane Mode (Settings > Airplane Mode), wait a few seconds and turn off Airplane Mode.
- Reset Network Settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see the red slider.
- Reset your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and the Home button together for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- Restart the Phone app by double clicking the home button, find the Phone app and swipe it up to close it.
- If you are still having issues, contact your carrier to see if there are any network issues.
Some of the most common causes of this problem are the Do Not Disturb feature being enable automatically, specifically when you upgrade to a new firmware, or you may have turn it on but then forgot to disable it after.