Apple has released iOS 9.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Several users are reporting issues with the screen (touchscreen) on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, after updating to iOS 9.
Users stated that the touchscreen is unresponsive (freezing) or responding incorrectly and/or the touchscreen is launching apps on its own without touching.
If the touchscreen does not respond correctly, or does not respond at all, here is how you can troubleshoot:
Clean the screen:
Simply cleaning your screen may solve this problem. Please see this article.
A screen protector may affect the touchscreen’s performance, Try removing it to see if this fixes your problem.
Restart your iOS device:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake (on/off) button until you see the slider. Then slide the slider.
Install the latest updates:
Tap Settings > General > Software Update to see if there is an update available. If there is, please update.
Reset your iDevice:
Simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake (on/off) and Home button together until you see the Apple logo.
3D Touch Settings:
This is if you have an iPhone 6s. You can adjust 3D touch sensitivity settings by going to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch
If you are still having problems:
Disable the following settings:
- Touch ID (Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and disable iPhone Unlock and Apple Pay)
- Siri (Settings > General > Siri)
- Spotlight Search (Settings > General > Spotlight Search)
- Handoff (Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps)
- Background App Refresh (Settings > General > Background App Refresh)
- Control Center (Settings > Control Center)
Turning off these may help you.