While we aren’t completely out of the woods with the ongoing pandemic, there is a bit of a return to some normalcy. For example, you can hop on a flight and head on vacation, or go into your favorite local coffee shop (finally). However, as time progresses, the “rules” are ever-evolving as to how businesses and companies are handling vaccinations.
- How To Add Unsupported Cards to Apple Wallet
- How to Fix Apple Pay Error Adding Card
- Apple Cash Family: Give Your Kids An Allowance On iPhone
- Setting up, using and managing Apple pay on Mac (Guide)
- How To Use Apple Card Family
This is evidenced by the continuous changes to how big tech companies like Apple and Google are handling the return to work. Google recently extended its work-from-home policy into January of 2022. Meanwhile, Apple is rumored to be requesting a vaccination status from its employees.
No matter what the case, there are also instances where you’ll need to provide proof of vaccination. It’s already apparent in New York City, where you can’t even check out a show on Broadway if you have yet to be vaccinated. But for many, you’re only provided with a rather basic semi-cardboard Vaccination Record Card.
Add Vaccination Card to Apple Wallet
There are too many chances for the vaccination card to get mucked up or messed up, especially if you plan on traveling. Luckily, there is a new service available that will verify your vaccination, cross-check it with your license, and provide you with a digital card. With this in-tow, you are able to add vaccination card to Apple Wallet and don’t have to worry about your paper copy getting ruined or lost.
In our research, we came across VaxYes. This service was created by a start-up named WellPay, and essentially turns your vaccination card into a QR code. There are four levels of verification, with the first level being “passed” just by following the instructions. And the second level is “passed” after it has been reviewed and confirmed that your license and vaccination card are a match.
VaxYes also provides two more layers of verification, with “advanced validation” and “State-Level Record Validation”. However, once you pass the first two levels, you can then add vaccination card to Apple Wallet.
- Navigate to gogetvax.com/vaxyes from your iPhone.
- Tap the Get a Free Vaccine Passport button.
- Enter your cell phone number and tap the Next button.
- Make sure that the toggle for Can this phone accept SMS? is enabled.
- With your iPhone, take a picture of your Vaccination Record Card.
- Take another picture of your ID card.
- Enter the verification text once it’s been received.
- Enter your first name, last name, and date of birth.
- Tap the Confirm button.
- Tap the Add to Apple Wallet button under Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate.
- Click the Add button in the top right hand corner.
That’s it! It may seem a bit odd, at first, but after doing a bit of research on digital vaccination cards that are also secure, VaxYes seems like a great option. And the whole process takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on the speed at which you type.
There are other ways to create and add a digital COVID-19 vaccination record to Apple Wallet. However, VaxYes was quick, painless, and in no time I had a digital record of my physical card handy in Apple Wallet.
Let us know if you come across any other similar services for us to check out!
Andrew is a freelance writer based on the East Coast of the US.
He has written for a variety of sites over the years, including iMore, Android Central, Phandroid, and a few others. Now, he spends his days working for an HVAC company, while moonlighting as a freelance writer at night.