iPhones in general, and especially your 7/ 7 Plus and 8/8Plus models are great Apple products and rarely exhibit hardware issues. When your iPhone is stuck with Apple Logo, it’s frustrating. The iPhone starts up and then displays a white or black screen showing only the Apple logo–essentially making the device pretty much non-functional.
iPhone Stuck with Apple Logo? Go into Recovery Mode
The best option, when faced with this issue, is to put your iPhone 7 into recovery mode.Recovery mode is where something has gone wrong with the software on your iPhone, so it can’t be used. To be safe, you must, therefore, restore your device.
If you are facing this issue, please try the following steps to get it resolved. You need a computer running the latest iTunes in order to resolve this problem.
Steps to Fix the iPhone Stuck with Apple Logo Problem
- 1 Using the Apple supplied cable, Plug your iPhone into the computer running iTunes
- 2 Perform a forced restart. Press and Hold Power and Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds or so or for iPhone 8 press the volume up, volume down, and then power
- 3 After 10 seconds, you can release the Power button but continue pressing the Volume down button until you see the message from iTunes that says it has found the device in recovery mode
- 4 Click on Restore to get the iPhone restored
- 5 The device shows a black screen and eventually get restored
The important element here is that you need to follow Step 2 and Step 3 correctly. If you see the message “Connect to iTunes” on your iPhone, that would mean that your device is not in recovery mode. You may have to try the steps again.
Several users have noted that they can get around recovery errors by simply removing the SIM Card of the device while trying to restore the iPhone. If you run into error messages during the restore/recovery process and you are using the right USB cable etc, you may want to explore removing the SIM card out of your iPhone and trying it.
Once the device has restored, you put back the SIM Card back into your iPhone.
A Visit To The Apple Store
For those of you that still have the warranty on the iPhone and live close to an Apple store, you may want to set up an appointment with the genius bar to have them look at the device and get it squared away.