Are you having problems with your iPod? Try these tips to troubleshoot your problem:
Firs of all, update to the latest versions of iTunes and iPod Software; this may resolve many issues that you may be having.
Symptom: The iPod won’t turn on or iPod doesn’t respond.
- Make sure the battery is charged. If your battery is drained, iPod will not turn on. Plug your iPod in, wait a minute, and then try to turn on iPod. If your iPod is old, your battery may be dead; you may need to replace it. Apple has a iPod Out-of-warranty battery replacement program.
- If your iPod has a Hold switch [located on the top of the iPod.], make sure it’s not in the locked position. Even if it appears to be off, toggle it so it’s locked and unlocked again.
- You may need to reset your iPod. Resetting will not harm your data and files. To reset your iPod, please follow these instructions.
Symptom: The iPod shows a folder icon with an exclamation point
- Connect your iPod to your computer. An alert message may appear suggesting that your iPod needs to be repaired. If you see this message, restore your iPod. If this alert message does not appear, then try the suggestions below.
- The battery may be low. Charge your battery.
- It may be locked up. Try resetting it.
- Your hard drive may be damaged. Contact Apple Support.
Symptom: iPod displays a sad iPod icon
- This is usually not a good thing. This typically indicates that the issue is a hardware problem. If so, you need to contact Apple support. You should still try to restore your iPod because it may not be a hardware issue.
If none of the above works, contact Apple Support:https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.