With Apple, there is no need to spend extra money on buying a separate e-reader. Instead, Apple offers the iBooks app to be downloaded onto the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad with an iOS 5 or later. From the app, users can access the iBookstore, which features over 1.8 million books. Simply browse through the bookshelves to find one that peaks interest. Then, purchase and download the book using the Apple ID account. With the convenience of iCloud, books can be accessed from all other devices a user owns, without even losing the page.
iBooks is known for creating one of the most pleasant and interactive reading experiences available, offering many features that are not available in hardcover form. Users can highlight and underline text, look up the meaning of a word in the dictionary, search within the contents of the book, or make notes for book discussions. Plus, the Retina display on newer iPad models makes the text easy to read for all eyes. The crystal clear words can be adjusted in size, brightness, font type, or color. With special nighttime settings, it can even be used in bed at night while curled under the covers.
iBooks and iBookstore troubleshooting
- Is it possible to gift a book from the iBookstore?
- How to hide or unhide your App Store, iBookstore and iTunes Store purchases
- How to Change Appearance of Books in iBooks App
- Can’t open PDF in iBooks on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- How to Buy / Download Books And Pdf Files on Your iOS Device With iBooks
- Parental Control in iBooks
- Can I Read My Books When There Is No Internet Connection?