A number of iPhone/iPad users have reported a problem in which Safari freezes and remains unresponsive. If you are experiencing this issue, please use the steps below to troubleshoot situations in which Safari unexpectedly quits or stops responding (“hangs”, “crashes” or “freezes”). After performing each step, please test to see if your issue is fixed:
- Go to Settings > Safari and tap “Clear History” and “CLear Cookies and Data” then restart your iPad.
- Update your device to the latest version of software. (Update your iOS)
- Tap Settings > Safari and turn off Autofill for Names & Passwords and launch Safari and visit the same URL that was crashing before.
- Close all apps in the Task Bar. Double-press the Home button and tap and hold on an app for a second or two until it jiggles. Tap the minus sign to close apps. Close all apps.
- Launch the web site that was crashing or freezing, then press and hold the Sleep/Wake (on/off) button for a few seconds until you see the red “slide to power off” slider (do not slide the slider); then press and hold the Home button for a few seconds until you see your home screen.