This short guide explains how to to use FaceTime on a Mac to video chat with an iPhone 4 (or later), iPad 2 (or later), iPad mini user, iPod touch user or another Mac user. Here is how:
Thins you’ll need:
- Mac with Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later
- Internet connection
- Apple ID
- FaceTime is included with OS X Lion or later. If you are an Mac OS X v10.6 user, you can download FaceTime from the Mac App Store ($0.99).
1. Lauch FaceTime
2. Enter your Apple ID or create a new one
3. Select a contact from the “Contacts” section that you wish to video chat with.
4. Click either the email address (Mac or iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini FaceTime user) or iPhone telephone number (iPhone user) to start the FaceTime video chat.
High Definition (HD) video calling
FaceTime for Mac supports HD video calling with Macs that include a built-in FaceTime HD camera. Macs models below have a built-in FaceTime HD:
- iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
- iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)