Several users have reported that they are having difficulty figuring how to sign up with Game Center or creating an account with the application. If you are having this issue, please try the following tips. Check to see if your problem is resolved after each step before going to the next one.
Sign Up With Game Center: For iOS 10 and above
Starting in iOS 10, Game Center is no longer a stand-alone app. Instead, game center is now located in your Settings Menu. You still connect to games with your Apple ID, invite nearby players, create a nickname, and manage your Game friends. Just now all from Settings > Game Center! Take a look at our article working with Game Center in iOS10 and above.
Fix Login or Sign up Problems in iOS 9 and below
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet.
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date.
- Try turning off and then on your Wi-Fi router.
- Try signing up or signing in to your account using the Game Center app instead of a game.
- Launch a game that supports Game Center, when it prompts you, select to log in to Game Center with an existing account (do not select the “create a new account” option). Then use your Apple ID to sign in.
- Reset your Apple ID/Game Center password. To manage your Apple ID account, visit My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
- If you own multiple devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone etc); try another device to sign into Game Center.
- Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are set correctly. Enable “Set date and time automatically” (Mac OS X: Apple menu > System Preferences > Date & Time; iOS: Settings > General > Date & Time).
Let us know if any of those methods help you resolve the issue. Happy Gaming!