Apple Mail is an application for the Mac OS X operating system and any iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Using this app, users are able to read and compose emails through all of their accounts seamlessly in one place. The Mail app supports a variety of different email provides, including Yahoo, AOL, Gmail, and MobileMe. The app has been designed with ActiveSync support, which synchronizes emails, calendars, and all iCloud contacts. With the newest VIP feature, users can also track and save messages from important contacts by designating them as VIPs, similar to creating favorites.
To set up the Mail app, simply go to the settings app, click on mail, and add the account. The app used on iOS devices is a mobile version, so it does not include some of the functions that can be found on Mac computers. For instance, users cannot attach files when they are composing or replying to emails like is allowed on the Mac. That being said, Apple Mail is extremely easy to use and very functional for reading and responding to emails, from virtually anywhere while on the go.
- Mac OS X How-to: Setting up your mailboxes on Mail
- How to save images / photos from Safari or Mail on iPad / iPod / iPhone
- How to attach files to emails on an iPad, iPhone or iPod
- Basic Email and Setup on iPad
- How to easily delete or archive emails on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- iOS 4.0: Mail Stalls on “Checking for Mail”; Cannot Receive or Send Mail
- How to Attach Images to Messages and E-Mail Without Saving the Image: Copy and Paste
- How to manage your email better with VIP lists and VIP notifications in iOS
- How to create fancy signatures on your iPhone and iPad
- How to send large image attachments using iOS
Mail not working?
- Mail error: MFMessageErrorDomain error 1032; fix
- iPad/iPhone/iPod Mail Crashes: Fix
- Mysterious “No Subject, No Sender” Mail Messages
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: “Cannot Get Mail – The Connection to the Server Failed”
- Exchange Account: Unable to Verify Information; fix
- Can I delete VIP mailbox (iOS)?
- Server does not allow relaying email error, fix
- Mail Problems with ios 9.3.1? fix
- Mail not opening on iPhone or iPad;fix
Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.6.3: Mail.app Not Receiving Mail
- Mac OS X 10.6.4: Mail.app Missing Subjects
- iPhoto ’11 Loses Easy Emailing of Photos; Workaround
- A fix for Gmail password error
- How to find Outlook temp files: Mac
- Mail App Keeps Crashing on El Capitan, Fix