Several users have reported that Siri software does not always work.
How to fix Siri problems
If you are having problems with Siri, you may try the following steps to resolve your issue:
- Make sure that that your iPhone 4S is connected to the Internet
- Make sure that Siri is enabled (Settings > General > Siri)
- Make sure that Siri is set to the correct language (Settings > General > Siri > Language)
- Some of the Siri features require you to use Location Services. You may want to turn on Location Services (Settings > Location Services)
- Disable Siri (tap Settings->General>Siri), then turn your iPhone off and on and re-enable Siri again
- If the above steps do not work, try reseting all settings on your iPhone. To do that tap, Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings. Note that this will remove all settings and preferences. But your data (apps, songs etc) will not be deleted.