Several users have reported an inability to access the App Store, meaning that when the buttons Purchased, Search, Categories, or Charts are tapped, users are shown blank pages and nothing loads when they want to use the App Store on an iPad or iPhone. Several people also reported that this problem started after they updated to iOS 6.
Fix for App Store Displays Blank Page
Please try each step until you resolve your issue:
- Tap Settings > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically > Off. Set the date one year ahead. Then try to access the App Store.
- It may be a connection issue. Try changing your DNS settings to Google’s open DNS by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi >, tap the blue arrow next to your current Wi-Fi network, and then tap the “DNS” field and enter the DNS servers; 184.108.40.206 (Google’s Public DNS). (see this article)
- Close the App Store completely by pressing the home button twice, pressing and hold the App Store icon until it starts to wiggle, then tapping the minus sign to close it. Re-launch the App Store.
- Close and relaunch the App Store. Double press the home button to get to the app switcher and swipe up on the App Store. Tap on the App Store icon again. This especially works if you are using an iPhone SE
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until “Slide to Power off” appears.
- Launch the App Store; if it is still blank with nothing shown, wait a few minutes. Sometimes apps may load slowly because of networking issues.
- If still nothing appears, try changing the device’s language by tapping Settings > General > International > Language. Pick a language. Pick any other second language you already know or be familiar with. If you don’t, do not forget to navigate back in a different language. Change the language, launch the App Store, then change the language back to what it was originally.
- Sign out of your Apple ID by tapping Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID and select “Sign Out”. Wait one minute and sign back in by reentering your Apple ID and password.
Step-by-Step Video to solve this issue:
We recently found a new trick that you can apply right now to have the App Store display its pages and applications. All you have to do is look look at the bottom menu, pick a tab, and then tap on it 10 times or even more.
This will eventually delete the cache from your App Store. As a result, the latest information will be delivered to you in a matter of seconds.