The Apple Watch is Apple’s smartwatch product and includes intelligent features like built-in GPS, heart-rate sensor, fitness and activity tracking, remote control for iTunes and AppleTV, and, on some models, is water resistant up to 50 meters. Built‑in apps like Messages, Phone, and Mail allow quick communication, so you never miss an important message, email, meeting, or event. And apps like Calendar and Notifications keeps you organized and together, even in the most stressful of times. Press and hold the digital crown or raise your wrist and say “Hey Siri” to get things done with just your voice. Apple Watch relies on pairing to a wirelessly connected iPhone for certain functions like phone calling, messaging, texting, and receiving any notifications. And there are a bunch of third-party apps that make your Apple Watch even better, like Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Evernote, Runtastic, Twitter, Google Maps, and Uber.
The Taptic Engine
One of the neatest features of the Apple Watch is Haptic Feedback. When you feel that tap on your wrist announcing an incoming iMessage, that’s haptics! Haptic feedback uses our sense of touch via vibrations and motions to gain our attention. Haptic feedback alerts us for incoming messages, calls, mail, and a variety of app notifications by subtle and tactile vibrations. And all these vibrations are created by the watch’s Taptic Engine.
Your Apple Watch must connect wirelessly to a paired iPhone to perform many of its some functions, like calling and texting. Pair it with an iPhone 5 or later model that run iOS 8.2 or later, via WiFi and Bluetooth. Once paired to an iPhone, connect your Watch to your Mac and AirPods!
Release and Updates
Apple Watch Series 1 released in April 2015. The second version, the Series 2 released in September 2016. The company said its Watch sales jumped up about 30 percent year-over-year with sales nearly doubled since last year (2016.) Apple Watch makes up an estimated 50% of all watch sales worldwide, including traditional and “smart” watches. And Apple Watch is consistently ranked as one of the most popular wearable tech products worldwide.
Troubleshooting Apple Watch Not Working
- Apple Watch Not Connecting to iPhone, How-To Fix
- Apple Watch Not Importing or Syncing Contacts? How-To Fix For Good
- Apple Watch Mic Not Working? After Swim?
- Siri Not Working on Apple Watch, How-To
- Apple Watch iMessage Not Working, How-To Fix
- Haptics Not Working on Apple Watch? How-To Fix
- Unlock Mac with Apple Watch Not Working, How-To
- Facebook Messenger App Not Working with Apple Watch, How-To
- Apple Watch Issues – Old Fashioned guide to Fix em.’
- Fix problematic apps on your Apple Watch
- How to use the Apple Watch Remote app to control iTunes music
- How to use Dictation: Apple Watches
- Your Watch is Your TV Remote with Apple Remote App